About BD Insulin Syringe
BD Becton Dickinson Insulin Syringe with Ultra-Fine Needle 31g, 15/64 inch (6mm) is 37 percent shorter than a 6mm needle. You should consult with your health care professional before using the BD Ultra-Fine Short Needle, and carefully monitor your blood glucose when changing to a shorter needle.BD Ultra-Fine insulin syringes with needles designed for safety and comfort. Diabetic insulin syringes managed with optimal limit geometry and coated with special Micro Bonded lubrication for a smoother entry.
Insulin Syringes with Needles by Becton Dickinson are designed to provide insulin injections for diabetes. These BD Syringes and Needles are sterile and latex-free. These Insulin Syringes with Needles are available as self-contained packed. BD Syringes with Needles have a thinner and smaller syringe size that provides more control and easier handling.
All BD Diabetic insulin syringes are engineered with optimal point geometry for maximum comfort and reliability Coated with special Micro-Bonded lubricating for a more comfortable injection. All BD Becton Dickinson 6mm insulin syringes manufactured with surgical grade steel and guaranteed to remain sterile.
BD Diabetic Insulin Syringe with Ultra-Fine Needle Features:
- Smaller and thinner syringe size for easier handling and greater control
- Accurate measurements possible with dosage indicators clearly marked on the syringe barrel
- Directed with optimal end geometry for best comfort and reliability.
- Coated with special Micro-Bonded lubrication for a more comfortable injection.
- Manufactured with a special surgical grade of stainless steel.
- Non-toxic, Non-Pyrogenic and DO NOT Contain Latex.
- Subject to 100% needle point inspection to assure consistent high quality.
- Over 80% of patients with diabetes preferred the BD Insulin Syringe with the NEW BD Ultra-Fine 6mm needle to their current needle.
Includes with Diabetic Syringes with needles:
- 1 mL Diabetic Insulin Syringe with 31g, 15/64-inch (6mm) Needle- 100 Counts
What do I need to know about insulin syringes?
Insulin syringes come in different sizes depending on the dose of insulin you need. Your healthcare provider or pharmacist will help you find the right size syringe. Use the correct size insulin syringe to make sure you get the right dose of insulin.
Where do I inject insulin?
- You can inject insulin into your abdomen, upper arm, buttocks, hip, and the front or side of the thigh. Insulin works fastest when it is injected into the abdomen.
- Do not inject insulin into areas where you have a wound or bruising. Insulin injected into wounds or bruises may not get into your body correctly.
- Use a different area within the site each time you inject insulin. For example, inject insulin into different areas in your abdomen. Insulin injected into the same area can cause lumps, swelling, or thickened skin.
How do I inject the insulin with a syringe?
Wash your hands with soap and water. This will help prevent an infection. Dry your hands with a clean towel or paper towel.
- Clean the skin where you will inject the insulin. You can use an alcohol pad or a cotton swab dipped in alcohol.
- Grab a fold of your skin. Gently pinch the skin and fat between your thumb and first finger.
- Insert the needle straight into your skin. Do not hold the syringe at an angle. Make sure the needle is all the way into the skin. Let go of the pinched tissue.
- Push down on the plunger to inject the insulin. Press on the plunger until the insulin is gone. Keep the needle in place for 5 seconds after you inject the insulin.
- Pull out the needle. Press on your injection site for 5 to 10 seconds. Do not rub. This will keep insulin from leaking out.
- Throw away your used insulin syringe as directed. Do not recap the syringe before you throw it away.
|Item||Syringe with Needle|
|Manufacturer Item Number||328438|
|Country Sales Restrictions|
|Country of Origin||United States|
|Hazardous Shipping Restrictions||Not Hazardous|
|Needle Gauge||31 G|
|Needle Length||5/16 in. (8 mm)|
|Syringe Capacity||0.3 ml|
|Needle Material||Stainless Steel|
There are no reviews yet.